LEAD Consulting Services Pty Ltd (LEAD Consulting)
Lead Consulting Services Pty Ltd (“Lead Consulting”/“we”/”us”/”our”) is a registered NDIS Service Provider, providing Support Coordination and Plan Management Services (the “Services”).
1. The Personal Information We Collect and Hold
For us to provide the Services, we are required to collect personal information from:
- Our clients (NDIS Participants) and where applicable, their representatives or nominees, so that we can provide the Services to our clients; and
- NDIS Service Providers and employees of NDIS Service Providers, so that we can coordinate the provision of supports and services by the NDIS Service Providers to our clients.
The Personal Information we are required to collect from you may include:
- Your Name.
- Your contact details, including your mailing address, phone number and email address.
- Your date of birth.
- Your preferred language and whether you need an interpreter to assist in receiving NDIS supports and services.
- The details of your guardian and/or nominee, including their name, address and contact details.
- Details of any feedback or complaints about Lead Consulting; and
- Where necessary, your bank account details (but not your credit card or debit card information).
In the case on NDIS Participants, we may also be required to collect information that is considered Sensitive information, including:
- Your gender identity and preferred pronouns.
- Your cultural background, including your country of birth, nationality and whether you identify as aboriginal or Torres strait islander.
- Whether you have any cultural or religious needs.
- Details regarding your physical or mental health, including your disabilities.
- Information about your NDIS support requirements; and
- Details regarding your current NDIS Plan and history of receiving NDIS Supports and Services.
We collect your personal information so that we can provide our Services to NDIS Participants safely, efficiently and in accordance with our record keeping obligations as a registered NDIS Service Provider. If you do not provide us with the personal information we request, we may not be able to:
- Provide our services to you.
- Provide our services to the NDIS Participant of whom you are the nominee or representative; or
- Assist our clients to engage you as a NDIS Service Provider.
2. How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect your Personal Information directly from you when:
- You make an enquiry with Lead Consulting.
- You engage us to provide Services to you or a NDIS Participant that you represent; or
- You are engaged to provide services to one of our clients.
When you engage us to provide services, we require you to provide us with your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your Personal Information as required for us to provide you with the Services.
If you are a NDIS Service Provider or an employee of a NDIS Service Provider engaged to provide services to a client of Lead Consulting, we will collect your Personal Information from you or your employer prior to you providing supports or services to our client.
We may also collect your Personal Information when you contact us to:
- Provide us with further instructions about how you wish to receive our services.
- Request we assist you in seeking changes to your NDIS Plan; or
- Provide feedback or make a complaint in relation to a provider of your NDIS supports or Lead Consulting.
We also collect Personal Information from Third Parties when required to in order to provide our services to you. The Third Parties we may collect information from include:
- The NDIA.
- The NDIS Commission.
- Your direct care providers and health service providers; and
- Your prior Plan Manager or Support Coordinator.
3. Our purpose for collecting and holding your Personal Information.
If you are a client, or the representative/nominee of a client of Lead Consulting, we collect and hold Personal Information that is reasonably necessary for us to:
- Provide you with Support Coordination and/or plan management services.
- Respond to any enquiries you have in relation to our Services.
- Respond and deal with any requests or complaints you may make about your NDIS Providers or Lead Consulting; and
- Contact you about any changes to your NDIS Plan or how Lead Consulting will provide its services to you.
If you are a NDIS Service provider or the employee of a NDIS Service Provider engaged to provide supports or services to a client of Lead Consulting, we will collect and hold Personal Information that is reasonably necessary for us to:
- Arrange for you to provide supports and services to our client safely and efficiently.
- Comply with our obligations as a registered NDIS Service Provider; or
- Contact you about any changes to the supports or services you are engaged to provide to our client.
If you do not agree to us collecting your Personal Information, we will not be able to:
- If you are a NDIS Participant, act as your NDIS Plan Manager or NDIS Support Coordinator.
- If you are the nominee/representative of a NDIS Participant, act as the NDIS Plan Manager or NDIS Support Coordinator to that NDIS Participant; or
- If you are a NDIS Service Provider, assist our clients to engage you as a NDIS Service Provider.
Purposes for use and disclosure
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties including:
- The NDIA in order to provide Plan Management Services to you, Support Coordination Services to you, including reporting on your plan usage and if necessary, assisting you to request a plan review.
- The NDIS Commission, in order to respond to requests for information or assist the NDIS Commission in respect of complaints and investigations.
- If you are a NDIS Participant, NDIS Service Providers who will be providing direct care to you.
- If you are a NDIS Service Provider or employee of a NDIS Provider, the NDIS Participant to whom you are providing supports or services and/or their representative/nominee.
- Health Service providers, where we consider the disclosure is reasonably necessary to ensure your health and safety.
- Third party service providers who we engage to enable us to provide our Services, such as technology service providers.
- Our legal and professional advisors; and
- Courts, tribunals, and other government departments or agencies where required under Australian Law.
Cookies are small text files that are received by your computer which enable us to collect information about the access and use of our website.
You can manage whether your browser accepts Cookies in your browser settings.
We will use your Personal Information for the purpose for which it was collected. (Primary Purpose)
We may also use or disclose your Personal Information for other purposes (secondary purposes) that are related to the primary purpose, where:
- You have expressly or impliedly consented to the use or disclosure.
- You would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the secondary purpose.
- We consider it necessary to ensure your health and safety or the health and safety of another NDIS Participant or an employee of a NDIS Service provider; or
- The use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order or is permitted under Australian privacy laws.
4. How we store your Personal Information
The Personal Information that we collect and hold is stored in Australia. We do not disclose any of your personal information to overseas recipients unless directed to do so by you.
Our IT systems include cloud-based servers located in Australia controlled by us and owned by third party cloud service providers.
We take reasonable steps to hold information securely in electronic form and to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure or use.
Our third party technology services providers are also required comply with appropriate industry standards for maintaining the security of our IT systems.
When you stop receiving Services from Lead Consulting, we will destroy all documents that contain your personal information and permanently delete all data and information that contains your personal information, other than any documents, information or data that Lead Consulting is legally required to retain under Australian law.
5. How to Access and Correct your Personal Information
The Australian privacy laws give you a right to request access to or correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you in certain circumstances.
It is important that the Personal Information you have provided to us is up-to-date, accurate and complete. You can a make a request for us to provide a copy of your Personal Information or correct any of your Personal Information by emailing our Privacy Officer at the details below.
If you make a request for us to provide a copy of your Personal Information or to correct any of your Personal Information we hold:
- We will require you to verify your identity, using appropriate means, before we act on your request; and
- We may refuse your request for access or correction of your Personal Information, where the relevant privacy laws allow us to do so. If we refuse your request, we will notify you in writing setting out the reasons for our decision as required by Australian privacy laws.
6. Our Contact Details
If you would like to contact us to:
- Make a request for, or to correct your Personal Information.
- Make a privacy complaint; or
Our contact details are as follows:
Contact: Privacy Officer
Address: Office C18, 100 Overton Road, Williams Landing VIC 3027
7. How you can make a complaint and what we will do
If you have any concerns about your privacy or seek to make a written complaint to us about how we have handled your Personal Information or that we have not complied with the privacy law, you may use the contact details provided above to submit a written complaint to our Privacy Officer.
Where you have submitted a written complaint, we:
- May request you to provide us with further information so that we can investigate the matter.
- Will investigate the matter and provide you with a written response to your complaint and how it will be dealt with; and
- Will keep a record of your complaint, the information you provide us and the investigations undertaken by us in relation to your complaint.
If you are not satisfied with the way we have handled your complaint or our response to your complaint, you may also make a formal complaint to the privacy regulator, the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. See the OAIC website for information regarding how to make a complaint to the OAIC.